Friday, May 09, 2008



I'm back from training. That was only Two weeks but it felt like forever. I had two days off and tose two days a few of the guys from my unit decided to trive to the grand canyon. We also went to hover dam. On the 27th when the rest of our unit came in It was all about training. We were out in the field for three and a half days. Nevada was beautiful and I felt right at home. I got to see my Mom and Dad for a few days. The water in our dorm was cold for because the water heater broke while we were there. When we were in the field showers they broke so thoses of us that brought our baby wips took showeres that way. My hair was a wreck. It took me two washes befor I could get all of the sand out of it. I forgot how dry NV was I used a boat load of lotion. When I got home the kids were in bed. but when I woke them up the next morning Ryleigh was so happy to see me. The got be a large porclin cup ffilled with miniture roses, with a card that was signed by everyone. It made me cry. The Chief of our security forces unit came to me the next day(we had to report to work)and told me that he got an e-mail that said that I did a great job and that I was an outstanding NCO, I don't know what I did other then my job, but I told him thank you and played the I'm so modest roll. But of course I was grinning from ear to ear when I left his office. I already know I'm good but it is good to have other people send your supervisors e-mails to reconfirm what you already know. Anyway I guess that is enough for today.

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

Glad to see you are back! Even for a moment. Good job to you! How long do you have at home this time?
Lots of Love!

Janika said...

I tried to call you a couple of times. I miss you. Happy mother's day. Love your babies.