Thursday, January 10, 2008




Ryleigh got her report card today. She did much better this quarter. She did not do bad the last time but, we were happy to see that she made improvements. The only thing that she struggled with was her high frequency words (those words that like; It, is, like, are, a.) We need to work on that. She is counting in multiples of ten and she only needs a little help counting to 100. Today I lost track of time and I was 15 minutes late to pick up Ryleigh. It broke her heart. I was very apologetic, but she was just devastated. She said, "I kept looking for you and when the teacher wanted to take me to the office I was walking slow, and she told me to walk faster, but they did not see my tears." I felt awful. So I took both of them to Dairy Queen for ice cream.


Mrs Diane; Dustin's teacher, told me yesterday that he did not miss a single color or shape that they have on the wall. Every time we are working with Ryleigh, Dustin wants to be a part of it. He is going to be so smart.


Dee went to the Orthopedic Doctor, they said that they were going to operate on the 23rd.


I hurt my knee on Monday and my ears are still ringing not as bad, but still enough to be annoying. So I have an appointment on Monday to get both issues looked at. At least the kids are healthy. I'm excited for tomorrow to find out if the twins are identical, or fraternal. Good luck Jan's, sorry I could not be there.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

I hate that late thing. Kindergarten is too short some days. Hannah would worry even when I am a little late. I hope you can resolve something at the doctor. We get report cards at the end of this week. I don't think some of my girls will be doing as well as last year but it still isn't bad.

Anonymous said...

I want some Ice cream. You're late blogging the big news.

Janika said...

My kids don't get upset about me being late any more. They expect it. I am actually quite fortunate right now because they all walk home and I have Mom Skembo here to shuttle them in the mornings. When February is over, it will be warm enough in the mornings for them to ride their bikes or skateboards. I would not look forward to bundling up the babies to take the 15 minute loop through both school drop-offs.